If the breeze from those open windows just isn't cutting it,
come by our shop in Danbury, CT 06810 to get an expert opinion on what we
can do to fix your auto A/C or heating problems. We offer affordable prices and
guaranteed workmanship. Contact us at 203-743-1337, so we can help you drive in
Why maintaining your AC System is very important:
Heating and A/C systems may break eventually with usage, hose pipes may clog and drip if not serviced, causing reduced efficiency heating and cooling capabilities. Regular maintenance will keep your AC system operating at peak performance!
Indications your A/C system may be having issues:
- If your air conditioning blows only slightly cooler air compared to the
- Air that blows in smells damp, musty, or like mildew and
- Your cabin does not warm up in cold weather, or is just a little
warmer than outside
- The defroster takes longer than typical to operate,
or does not operate
- Your heater or A/C only functions when driving, not
when idling, or quits blowing when the car is stationary
- Your heating
system blows cold air, or the air conditioning blows warm air
airflow even at the highest fan setting.
A comprehensive evaluation of heating and A/C system includes:
- Examining the internal controls and blower
- Checking radiator
coolant operating temperature, hoses, pressure radiator cap and thermostat
- Inspecting the compressor belt
- Inspecting system and seals for leaks or various other damages.
- A cooling system pressure test
- Verifying the A/C pressure meets manufacturer specifications
- Measuring the interior vent air temperature
Our repair and maintenance services include:
Have you been sweltering in your vehicle lately? Perhaps your car's air conditioner isn't functioning properly. At Blackman's Auto Repair we have qualified service professionals who can fix your air conditioner. To have an air conditioning system serviced, repaired, or replaced by experts consider visiting Blackman's Auto Repair. You can also call us at 203-743-1337 with any questions relating to your vehicle's air conditioner.
A fan belt, also known as a drive belt, is a belt connecting your car's engine to the front mounted accessories. The fan belt rotates the water pump and engine fan, which maintains a cool environment for the engine and its components. Sooner or later, your vehicle's fan belts will dry out and crack. When you are ready for a replacement you can count on Blackman's Auto Repair for all your vehicle's repair needs.
You not only have to get the belts replaced with quality ones but you should have the work done by experts. To have the belts replaced by auto cooling and heating experts - and get your car driving right - visit Blackman's Auto Repair today. The mechanics at Blackman's Auto Repair will thoroughly inspect your car's belts; replace all worn belts; and adjust the installed belts.
Radiators are heat exchangers for cooling your car's internal combustion engine. A radiator cools the engine by circulating an engine coolant through the engine block - it then loses the heat to the atmosphere through radiation. A radiator has a set of tubes through which the engine coolant flows. Fins surround these tubes. When the radiator fails, the excess heat produced by the engine could damage the engine components. To prevent this from happening, have your radiator serviced regularly. To have your radiator needs handled by experts, visit Blackman's Auto Repair today.
To learn more about our Heating and Cooling services, call us at 203-743-1337 or request a quote by clicking below:
What People Say About Us
I trust the repair of my vintage car and my daily car to no one else! Family owned
business that treats their customers as family also!!
* Courteous and friendly greeting when you walk in the door. It's a responsible, family run business and it shows.
* They take the time to understand exactly what the issue is and explain what they will do.
* They called me during the day to tell me they needed a different part and explained the cost difference and asked if I still wanted to have that work done.
* Work was completed on schedule, on budget exactly as they described. They went over and explained all the work at the end. It's getting harder and harder to find family-run businesses with integrity that treat you with respect but Blackman's Auto Repair is one of them.
We have been customers of Blackman's Auto Repair for 15+ years and have had nothing but great service from them. Jim/T.J. ensure that the cars are serviced and if other repairs, such as check-in lights, tires, changing timing belts etc are needed they provide options so that the work can be completed at a reasonable cost.
In one of our cars there was a small oil leak in the engine and they advised us that there was a technical service bulletin (TSB) and this issue has come up and will/should be covered by GM. I brought to the dealer and they fixed it for free. This is an example of Blackman's service going above and beyond.
e have been very satisfied customers for many years. Great service, customer relations, and fair pricing. Wouldn't think of going anywhere else!!
Excellent work, good pricing may NOT be the cheapest but well worth it, and has a reputation for honesty and good advice. Can't go wrong here.